| Home | Activities | History |
About Philbrook Farm InnWith no knowledge of what was to follow, the original farmhouse was built in 1834. The present family living room and office were part of this structure. It was merely a run down farm when Susannah and Harvey Philbrook bought the property in 1853. In 1861, they built an addition and welcomed their first guest.
In the 1890's Susannah and Harvey's youngest son, Augustus, and his
wife Alice took over the farm and inn. Cottages were built, and in
1905, a section was built on the east end to accomodate the increasing
number of guests. When Alice died at an early age, beloved Aunt Fanny
came home to bring up the young family and manage the household.
Connie's children, Ann and Larry, who are the 5th generation of
the Philbrook family to welcome guests to their home.
Find Genuine hospitality on the road less traveled.....